With the introduction of cosmetic and mechanical enhancements, Mahindra & Mahindra will launch KUV100 facelift in India on 10th October.
Mahindra was the first car manufacturer in India to launch a micro SUV in the form of KUV100. Unfortunately for Mahindra, the launch of the Maruti Ignis left a huge dent on the already low sales performance of the KUV. Now, it is being reported that the decreasing sales have forced Mahindra to start working on a facelift for the KUV100 and now finally confirming to launch the product on 10th October with Diwali just around the corner with the expectation of booming sales as it is likely to come with a relatively toned down styling to attract a wider spectrum of customers.
What’s new in KUV100?
- It is likely to bring a larger 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system that was recently introduced in the TUV300 T10.
- Though it will be similar in terms of design and style but will get cosmetic changes on the exterior and the interior.
- There will be an updated front bumper, a plastic body cladding around the fog lamps and faux skid plate finished in brushed aluminum at the front and rear.
- The rear is expected to feature the revised tail lamps with chrome surrounds and a revised bumper.
- The front grille will get a new gloss black and chrome finished 15-inch diamond cut alloy wheels with an increase in the length of the car from 3,675 mm to 3,700 mm. There might be slight retune of engines for improved overall performance and fuel efficiency but overall it will be same.
- It is not clear whether it will come up with an AMT (automated-manual transmission) option, but as expected Mahindra is unlikely to offer an AMT unit with the KUV100 facelift.
What it is going to costs
Since there are no major changes in KUV100 carrying forward the same set of motors – 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol, and diesel engines, same dual tone paint option on top-spec variant with not much change in designing or style, featuring the same six-seat layout, auto climate control, multi-function steering wheel, and height adjustable driver seat. it is expected to have a slight rise of price which will probably range between Rs 4.63 and Rs 7.40 lakh same as the outgoing version.
You may also like:
Upcoming Cars to Launch in India this month
Datsun Redi-GO GOLD
Top 5 Cars in all Price Segments in 2017